Today's Mantra: Inhale Confidence, exhale Doubt.
I find myself wanting to be perfect all of the time. Am I the only one? Being a style blogger, I want to be perfectly photogenic, totally fashionable most of the time. After all, this is a lifestyle. I blame social media an marketing. Don't we all. Some times I find myself in a total sexiness rut. Times where I don't want to wear anything but loose fitting maxi dresses and hats to cover up the real me. I think sometimes it has to do with that time of the month or somethings has to do with my daily habits. Therefore, today I am sharing with you 5 ways to boost your confidence for the long run.
1. Be active - Take time to be active whether it's time spent walking the dog, paddle boarding or whatever your favorite activity is. I've been away from the gym for a while due to my schedule but have found that when I spend the weekends doing some kind of activity, I am much more confident. A few weeks ago I went wake boarding for the first time in YEARS. I was sore all week and felt myself kind of flexing and feeling strong all week!
2. Drink More Water - This sounds intuitive but I promise you drinking more water help in more ways than one. Drinking more water gives you more energy, makes you more alert, and helps keep your skin hydrated and supple. I make sure I drink a TON of water especially after nights of going out and being over served.
3. Sunshine - I know I have more accessibility to sunshine living between California and Hawaii than I ever had before. If I was still living on the East Coast this wouldn't be as attainable. Truth is, if you can't get sun in the winter time, find a self tanner to bring a glow to your skin regardless. There's something about sun or having golden skin that absolutely boosts my confidence.
4. Take Chances - This is something I live by. I suggest taking chances in a sense of day to day risk. Things that make me feel uncomfortable ultimately make me feel sexy and adventurous. I take chances daily by going to eat somewhere new, sitting at the bar and talking to the people around me. Living a life of monotony and repetition is not only boring but also SO unsexy.
5. Let go of negative thoughts - As a piggy-back off of the last suggestion, take chances and don't be afraid. Be bold, don't let the little voices in your head tell you to do anything else. Those voices can lead to your adventurous, sexy demise.